Painting a Dog a Day's In Memoriam Site

"In Memoriam" is a place where members of the Painting a Dog a Day community can join hands and share experiences.

When I lost TurtleDove and Miah, both my studio muses, mere months apart from each other, I was overwhelmed with the support and love Painting a Dog a Day readers showered upon me.  Sharing my loss with the community that had sprung up as a result of my daily pet portrait project was surprisingly healing.

Hence this blog, which in a serendipitous way marks the one year anniversary of Miah's death. "In Memoriam" is my gift to those of you who shared tears and stories of your own losses as I came to terms with my own. 

It is also a gift to those of you who will follow along in the coming days, weeks, or years with bereavement stories of your own.

So let's celebrate the beauty of the furry little lives we are blessed with for too short a time. Let them live on here, while they continue to dance in our hearts.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spaz

"Not So Spaz," from the Painting a Dog a Day project, August 16th, 2007.

On October 20, 2007, my dear, sweet Spaz passed on. She will forever live on in my love for her and my memories, but there is a permanent hole in my heart from the emptiness I feel without her physical presence. She was and will always be my heart dog, my forever dog. I will never forget the unmitigated joy and unconditional love she gave me. I miss her manic greetings, complete with hugs and kisses (those oh, so gentle kisses!). I miss that loving look in those soulful eyes. I miss the silky soft fur I could stroke for days on end. I miss our "family runs" with her ears a-flopping with the bliss of doing her favorite thing with her favorite people. I could go on and on.

If there is a heaven, it wouldn't be worth going unless she is there with me. I hope we find each other again someday, somewhere, somehow.

D. Caringella

1 comment:

  1. Spaz was so lucky to have you. Hold tight to those memories, and relish all the beautiful moments you were blessed with. Sending hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete